I’m always looking for a new way to enjoy avocados, my absolute favorite fruit. And now, Cooking Light has an awesome, innovative, healthy (as always) way to enjoy them—as french fries!
Of course, they’re only lightly breaded and they’re certainly not deep-fat fried. But they ARE delicious, and they only take ten minutes in the broiler!
Here’s the recipe, from Cooking Light, and be sure to watch their adorable video tutorial!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 firm, ripe avocados
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat broiler. Place a baking sheet in oven while broiler preheats.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a small bowl, and whisk until foamy.
- Halve avocados, remove pits, and cut each half into 6 wedges. Pull off peels.
- Dredge avocado wedges in flour, dip in egg white, and then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Remove baking sheet from oven; coat with cooking spray. Place avocado slices on baking sheet; coat avocados with cooking spray.
- Broil 5 minutes or until brown on top. Turn and broil 2 more minutes. Remove and serve with lemon wedges.
How do you like to eat your avocados?
Photo Copyright © 2015 Cooking Light/YouTube