featured img

Facebook
Like

After Jumping Into A Hotel Swimming Pool, A 12-Year-Old Boy Spots Something Alarming That Nobody Else Sees

PARENTING

When police looked over the surveillance footage later, they were shocked to see just how long it took before anybody even reacted.

Advertisement

A 12-year-old boy in Michigan is being hailed as a hero after he bravely dove into a hotel pool to save a 3-year-old who had started to drown.

As Up North Live reports, the incident happened around 5:06 p.m. on Tuesday at the Days Inn on 5770 East Pickard Road in Isabella County.

According to the Isabella County Sheriff's Office, deputies raced to the scene after receiving a report about a 3-year-old boy who had reportedly fallen into a pool at the Days Inn.

Before arriving to the pool, the responding officers were reportedly told that the toddler was conscious and crying after being rescued.

Deputies looked over the surveillance footage from the hotel and determined that the little boy had accidentally wandered into the swimming pool without anybody noticing.

According to police, the toddler slipped on the steps before falling in.

The 3-year-old boy was said to be under the water for about two minutes before the 12-year-old stranger noticed what was going on and went in after him.

With a little help from his brother, the boy reportedly grabbed the toddler and carried him out of the water to safety.

After running into the hallway, the boy went to get help from an adult, according to authorities.

The toddler’s mother performed CPR on her son for about a minute before he finally regained consciousness.

Police say the boy was then immediately rushed to the ER and is said to be in recovery at this point.

The sheriff’s office has since revealed that officials plan to get in touch with the 12-year-old to thank him for his bravery.

Up North Live has since shared this story on Facebook, where it is already going viral.

“How terrifying for all involved. Wonderful that this has a happy ending. Wondering why this hotel apparently has an unlocked door to the pool. In most hotels you have to use your door key card to get in. Maybe they will change this. It could have had a very tragic ending,” one woman commented.

“Glad this was a great outcome! Kudos to the young man and brother for their fast thinking! In the day and age of you tube maybe ask your kids watch CPR videos instead of that annoying British guy talking about minecraft,” another added.

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!