Babysitter Accidentally Burns Baby In The Tub, So She Calls The Parents. But It's What Happens Next That Lands The Parents In Jail


A mother and father in Oklahoma have been arrested after they failed to take their burned baby to the hospital because they were too high. Keep reading for the full story!


A mother and father in Oklahoma have been arrested after authorities say they were too high to take their injured baby to the hospital.

According to Inside Edition, 25-year-old Patrick Eddy and 26-year-old Candace Matthews did nothing when their 2-week-old daughter was burned during her bath.

Authorities say a teenage girl who was watching the baby accidentally turned on the hot water without turning on the cold before placing the newborn in the tub.

According to an affidavit from the Ada Police Department, the teenage girl and her mother called Eddy and told him what had happened.

Although the couple then picked up their daughter, they reportedly told the teen’s mother that they couldn’t take the baby to the hospital because they were too high on meth.

According to a statement to police, the mother got up the next morning to go check on the baby girl.

She was shocked to find the infant crying with a full diaper and a burn across her abdomen. Eddy and Matthews were reportedly asleep next to the baby when the woman arrived.

According to the affidavit, the mother was able to wake up Matthews to tell her that she was taking the baby to the hospital immediately.

When paramedics arrived, the burns on the baby’s stomach were reportedly so bad that she had to be flown to another facility for treatment.

While all this was going on, Eddy and Matthews continued to sleep.

Both Eddy and Matthews were placed under arrest and booked on child neglect charges.

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!