Parents all over the world have taken to social media in an attempt to warn others about a popular sippy cup that they believe has been sickening their children with mold.
According to BuzzFeed News, a woman named Marie-Pier L’Hostie recently shared her friend’s terrible experience with Tommee Tippee sippy cups on Facebook.
L’Hostie wrote that her friend, Simon O’kanada, couldn’t figure out why his son always seemed to be sick for long periods of time.
“He broke the anti-spill top of his ‘Tommee Tippee’ bottle and discovered mold inside the mouthpiece. It doesn’t wash and can’t be seen unless it is broken open,” she wrote.
After sharing her friend’s story, L’Hostie revealed that several other parents have also come forward, claiming that they keep finding mold inside their Tommee Tippee sippy cups, as well, no matter how many times they try to wash them.
As the photos L’Hostie posted on Facebook show, the only way to see the mold inside the cup is by cracking open the mouthpiece.
All of the parents claiming to have problems with this particular bottle say they’ve tried washing the cup by hand and popping it into the dishwasher, but the mold kept building up.
Although the controversy has gone viral, only Tommee Tippee’s France team has addressed the mold claims.
“We learned, as a result of posts, that some people were not satisfied with the result of the sippy valves used in our sippy cups: We apologize for the inconvenience and we assure you that we are actively working on the subject,” they wrote in a Facebook post on Monday.