Facebook
Like

Mom Has No Clue Why Her Baby Keeps Waking Up In Tears. Then One Night, When Mom Goes To Check On Her Baby, She Only Makes It A Few Feet. That's When It Hits Her

HEALTH // PARENTING

The mom woke up one night because she heard her baby crying. But that’s when it finally hit her.

Advertisement

A baby girl’s late-night cries ended up saving her entire family from succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning.

As she explained in a now viral Facebook post, Monique Ruppel and her husband were fast asleep last Friday, when their infant daughter’s cries woke them up.

The couple’s daughter, Celia, usually only cries once during the night, so a second time waking up was very unusual for the baby.

Ruppel got out of bed to go check on Celia, but only made it a few feet before she felt like she might pass out.

“I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo,” she wrote. “Kyle [her husband] immediately woke and we quickly realized something was wrong.”

Although Kyle and Monique were both extremely nauseated, with vertigo and burning eyes, they managed to pack a bag and grab Celia before leaving the house that night.

Kyle had already called his parents, so once they arrived, they dialed 911 and rushed to the nearest hospital, where the whole family was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Later, the trio had to be airlifted to Vancouver, where they “underwent 3, 2.5 hour dives in a Hyperbaric Chamber.”

Through the terrifying ordeal, Kyle and Monique never lost sight of their hero: Celia.

“Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector and that it works,” Monique wrote. “We are so thankful Celia woke us. We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way any more. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all.”

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!