featured img

Photo Copyright ©2016 KNXV

Facebook
Like

Mom Sprays Baby With A Garden Hose. When She Turns Around, He's COVERED In Blisters

PARENTING

A mom in Arizona is warning other parents about the dangers of letting children play with a garden hose after her toddler was scalded by one. Keep reading for more details!

Advertisement

An Arizona mom is warning other parents to always check the temperature of their hose before letting their kids play with it after her baby boy was severely burned.

According to KNXV, Dominique Woodger was filling up a small wading pool for her 9-month-old son on Tuesday when he started crying uncontrollably.

Because Woodger had sprayed the baby boy, she assumed he just didn’t like the water hitting his face.

“I thought he was crying because he was mad … he hates when he gets sprayed in the face,” she said. “I didn’t think that it was burning him.”

garden-hose

Then Woodger noticed that her son’s skin was red and already starting to blister and peel.

“All of it was peeling. He had blisters all over the right side,” she told KNXV.

According to the station, temperatures reached 115 degrees on Tuesday, meaning the water inside Woodger’s garden hose may have been as hot as 150 degrees.

“At those temperatures, something as short as a 10 or 30-second exposure can result in a second-degree burn,” said Capt. Larry Subervi with the Phoenix Fire Department.

Although Woodger’s baby suffered second-degree burns on roughly 30 percent of his tiny body, he’s expected to be OK.

After what happened to her son, Woodger hopes her story can serve as a warning for other families in the area.

“Just be careful. Touch it before you let your kids near it,” she said.

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!