When A Baby Starts Crying At Daycare, An 8-Year-Old Jumps Up To Check On Him. That's When Something Goes Terribly Wrong


Police in Michigan say an 8-year-old is the main suspect in the death of a 1-year-old baby boy who was found unresponsive at daycare last week. Read on to learn more!


Michigan police have announced that an 8-year-old child is believed to be the main suspect in the death of a 1-year-old baby, who tragically passed away at daycare late last week.

According to WZZM, Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis says the case of a 1-year-old infant found dead at a daycare facility is "one of the saddest I've ever seen."

Authorities say the baby, Korey Brown, was in the care of the Keysha Keepers Daycare when he was found unresponsive just after 6 a.m. on Friday morning.

Lewis said somebody at the daycare called 911 just after 6:15 a.m. Although paramedics performed CPR on the baby boy, their attempts were unsuccessful.

By 8 a.m., Korey was pronounced dead, according to WZZM.

While there were adults in the home at the time of the incident, police believe Korey was left unattended for some period of time before he was found.

"I have all indications that they were in the house, they could have been on another floor, they could have been resting," Lewis said. "I do not know what they were doing, but I do know they were not in this area or this would not have occurred."

Authorities say an unidentified 8-year-old in the home at the time may have heard Korey’s cries and tried to help.

Lewis has revealed that the child helping Korey may have cost the baby his life, unfortunately.

Police have been relying on a 5-year-old to help them piece together exactly what happened early that morning.

According to WZZM, it is believed that Korey began crying early Friday morning and the 8-year-old may have been the first person to go check on him.

"The 8-year-old is the one who responded to those issues," Lewis said.

Korey’s mother, Bryanna Reasonover, has since revealed that she recently noticed bite marks and bruises on her baby’s face.

"My kids just started going there three weeks ago," Reasonover said.

While there were several children in the daycare early Friday morning, police say the oldest was an 8-year-old girl and the youngest was Korey Brown.

According to WZZM, the 8-year-old is expected to be interviewed by a child psychologist after the incident.

Police say that four of Reasonover’s children were at the daycare from Thursday evening until Friday morning.

As of now, police do not know exactly how the baby boy died, but an autopsy is being performed to give them more answers about what happened.

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!