When Toddler Suffers A Massive Asthma Attack, Mom Calls 911 For Help. After 20 Minutes Of Waiting, She's Forced To Make A Choice


A mom in D.C. is fuming after she was forced to rush her son to the hospital when an ambulance she called never showed up. Keep reading to learn more!


A mother in D.C. was forced to rush her 2-year-old son to the hospital after an ambulance she called never showed up.

According to FOX 5 DC, Paulette Liverpool’s son, Kodi, was suffering a massive asthma attack when she called 911 around 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Assuming the ambulance would arrive in minutes, Liverpool waited anxiously for 20 minutes before a neighbor told her to take her son herself.

Alan Etter, spokesperson for D.C.’s Office of Unified Communications, later revealed that the ambulance had been mistakenly taken to the wrong address.

The 911 dispatcher reportedly input the address as Galveston Place instead of Galveston Street.

“I said, ‘No, it's Galveston Street. She did say ‘Place’ to me, but I said, ‘No, it's Galveston Street.' I corrected her,” Liverpool said of the 911 call.

In an audio recording of the call, a person can be heard telling the ambulance where to go.

“Medic Local Paramedic Engine 33, Medic 32 respond. Two-year-old male trouble breathing. Number 58 Galveston Place, Southwest. Cross street – Forrester Street,” the recording said.

FOX 5 DC asked Etter if the dispatcher ever called to double check the address.

“Not to my knowledge,” Etter responded.

Etter was also asked if that is part of protocol for an emergency situation.

“I think there was a high level of confidence that the correct address was recorded on behalf of the call taker,” he said.

According to FOX 5 DC, the Office of Unified Communications has since admitted that they were responsible for the mistake, not the responding crews.

“We are not assessing blame on anyone but ourselves in this case,” Etter said.

Etter also revealed that it was up to the dispatcher in question to keep Liverpool on the line until the ambulance arrived.

"What we try to do is stay on the call until helps gets there,” he said. “That did not happen in this case.”

The agency says there is now an investigation into the incident to find out exactly what went wrong.

“We made a mistake and we regret the mistake and we are taking the proper steps to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen anymore,” Etter said.

As for Liverpool, she wants to make sure this doesn’t happen to another parent.

"I don't like to think the worse, but somebody has to be accountable for that,” she said. “It's not like I'm trying to cause this big chaos. I'm just curious as a mother. I love my kids to death. What happened to that call? Nobody even called to say that we are all at the wrong place. Nobody called back at all.”

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!