On August 16, 1997, Kemberly Ramer Went To Sleep After Midnight. The Next Morning, Her Messy Bed Was Empty. 20 Years Later, Her Mom Wants The Truth


Nearly 20 years after a 17-year-old girl was snatched from her bed in the middle of the night, her family is still searching for answers. Read on to learn more!


High school cheerleader Kemberly Ramer was just days away from starting her senior year, when she suddenly vanished on August 16, 1997.

At the time of her disappearance, Kemberly had been living at her father’s house in Opp, Alabama, since her parents were divorced.

According to Dateline, on the night she went missing, the 17-year-old had gone to a softball game with friends before visiting her boyfriend.

Police believe Kemberly left her boyfriend’s house around 11:45 p.m. to return home. The drive should have taken no longer than five minutes.

When Kemberly’s father woke up the next morning, the teen’s bed seemed a little ruffled and her car was in the driveway, but there was no sign of Kemberly.

Aside from her car, Kemberly had also left behind all her shoes, clothes, and contact lenses, which she couldn’t see without.

Although her mother and father were concerned, they assumed Kemberly had spent the night at a friend’s house.

However, when she still didn’t come home the next day, Kemberly’s parents called police and filed a missing persons report.

"She was a great daughter. She was just so happy," Sue Infinger, Ramer's mother, told Dateline NBC.

Since that fateful night, there has been absolutely no evidence of Kemberly anywhere, though investigators are sure she was kidnapped.

Both of Kemberly’s parents, as well as her boyfriend, have been cleared as suspects in Kemberly’s disappearance and likely murder.

Authorities believe Kemberly was kidnapped in the middle of the night, after she’d already returned home and hopped into bed, which explains why her sheets looked ruffled and her belongings were still in the house.

Several agencies were quickly involved in the investigation, as police considered that Kemberly could have been taken out of Alabama.

"It could have been across state lines, it could have been in Walton County. We don't know where the crime occurred," Captain Donald Clark with the Walton County Sheriff's Office told Dateline NBC. "We know she went missing from Opp, Alabama. But the FBI and many different agencies are still involved."

Although Kemberly’s father passed away several years ago, her mother says her family is still searching for answers nearly 20 years later.

"There were all kinds of search efforts," Sue told Dateline. "You know, with 4-wheelers, on foot. And the searches went on for several years. The FBI even brought the infrared plane, and they had all kinds of dogs. Every single weekend we would go out and search."

Just last March, investigators received a tip that Kemberly’s body might be buried in a well near Coffee County.

Eight hours after bringing together cadaver dogs, law enforcement, and a large bulldozer, authorities found absolutely nothing.

"Our role continues to be investigative -- following up on leads," Douglas Astralaga, Chief Division Counsel of the Mobile, Alabama FBI told Dateline NBC. "Our agents work very closely with every one of the departments and follow up on any leads that come to light. We will bring whatever resources are necessary to this investigation."

Although it’s been nearly two decades since her daughter went missing, Sue hopes she may one day bring her home.

"If I could tell her something today, I would tell her I love her very much. And we wish that this has never happened," she said. "We all love her, and we aren't giving up until she gets justice."

Share This Story On Facebook!

Enjoy what you read? Like below!