How terrified would you be if you heard strange, human sounds coming from the walls of your home. Or, even worse, what would you do if those sounds led you to a secret room?
Well, this became a reality for these eight people. Read their stories and find out what exactly happened to them...
1. A man was walking around the outside of his house when he saw a window he never noticed before.
He then went inside and found cut wall paneling and an entrance to a secret room with a gargoyle statue, Star Wars cards and a locked safe.
2. Two brothers were playing in their parents room when one got pushed into a “bookshelf.”
Then the bookshelf opened and revealed a black spiral staircase.
The brothers followed the staircase, found a crawl space and then posted this photo saying, “ Someone was living in my walls. That’s my Halloween candy that someone came in my room, took from my bag, then brought back in here. About 30 seconds after taking this picture, we realized what this meant and then got out of there.”
3. After buying his first first house, Tony Smith would hear screaming, moaning, and laughing.
Then, one night he heard banging sounds in his yard and watched a dark figure emerge from the ground in his yard. On further inspection in the morning, he found a secret latch door. He never went inside, but instead sealed it shut.
4. A group of Ohio students found the “ghost” haunting them.
After coming home more than once to open cupboards and other signs someone was living among them, they discovered a hidden room in their basement.
They found out that a man named Jeremy had been living in the hidden room for weeks!
5. In 2005, a couple bought a house and found a hidden corridor behind a bookcase.
Upon further exploration, they found a note from the previous owner that said the house had a very serious black mold problem that made his children very sick.
The couple found the contamination, cancelled the move in and sued the broker that sold them the house.
6. A renter found a hidden room in their attic in Norway. After further research, it is believed that the room was likely used as a hiding place for Jews from the Nazis.
There was a lamp alarm that researchers believe served as a warning for the secret room occupants for when Nazis were coming.
7. This user found a secret crawl space that had many disturbing findings.
Some were treasures that included gold and silver among other jewelry. Other discoveries were tapes inside a safe and a scary note. The contents were given to the police.
8. A student was living in a house for a week when they began to hear strange banging.
A few nights later, he found a door on the floor in his pantry closet that led to a room. In the room was a light that was turned on, a fan blowing, and a cigarette that had just been put out. The occupant of the room remains a mystery.